Lizzie Cundy makes a leggy appearance looking chic in a white bouclé after she caught flak for a controversial appearance on ITV’s Lorraine.
The former WAG, 54, stepped out in a dazzling Chanel-inspired white outfit after appearing on the Jeremy Vine Show on Friday.
It comes after she compared Rebekah Vardy‘s interview over the Wagatha Christie trial to Prince Andrew‘s famous Newsnight interview – which ended his royal career.
WAG: Lizzie Cundy, 54, steeped out to appear on the Jeremy Vine Show after controversial comments she made about the Wagatha Christie trial on television in the last year
All legs: Lizzie made a leggy appearance looking chic in a white skirt following her controversial appearance on the Jeremy Vine Show
Her jacket was paired with a stunning cropped white skirt and top and accentuated with cream heels and oversized sunglasses to complete the elegant ensemble.
Footballer Jason Cundy’s ex-wife smiled for the cameras at the central London studios as she joined guests including journalist Benjamin Butterworth.
Lizzie could be seen fixing her heels with a flourish as she struck a series of poses and flashed a broad smile.
Lizzie recently controversially compared Rebekah Vardy’s new interview to Prince Andrew’s car crash Newsnight appearance as she discussed the fallout from the Wagatha Christie trial.
Sort it out: Lizzie could be seen fixing her heels with a flourish as she posed for the cameras outside the central London studio
Rebekah, 40, recently gave her first interview since losing her £3million libel case against rival WAG Coleen Rooney, 36, with the TV personality becoming emotional as she claims she was ‘let down’ by the justice system.
And addressing Rebekah’s TV appearance during Thursday’s Lorraine, Lizzie, 54, branded the interview a ‘mistake’, before slamming the mother-of-five for not ‘apologising’ for her alleged wrongdoings.
When asked by stand-in host Ranvir Singh if Rebekah’s TalkTV interview was a ‘mistake’, Lizzie responded ‘without a doubt’ before comparing it to the Duke of York’s now infamous interview with Emily Maitlis in 2019.
Having her say: Lizzie Cundy has compared Rebekah Vardy’s new interview to Prince Andrew’s car crash Newsnight appearance as she discussed the fallout from the Wagatha Christie trial
During the sit down with the presenter (widely considered one of the most disastrous interviews in royal history), Prince Andrew denied he had sex with Virginia Giuffre, who said she was trafficked by Jeffery Epstein on three separate occasions, including when she was 17 – still a minor under US law.
He also dismissed one of the American’s claims – that he was sweating heavily as they danced at London nightclub Tramp – as factually wrong because he had a medical condition at the time which meant he did not sweat.
Lizzie explained: ‘This is like the Prince Andrew interview. Different charges, obviously, but no one is believing.’
Speaking out: Rebekah, 40, recently gave her first interview since losing her £3million libel case against rival WAG Coleen Rooney, 36, with the TV personality becoming emotional as she claims she was ‘let down’ by the justice system
Disaster: When asked by stand-in host Ranvir Singh if Rebekah’s TalkTV interview was a ‘mistake’, Lizzie responded ‘without a doubt’ before comparing it to the Duke of York’s now infamous interview with Emily Maitlisin 2019
Giving her advice to Rebekah, Lizzie went on: ‘If I were Rebekah, I would have gone away, reflected, maybe apologised. There’s one thing I did notice – there was no apology.’
She continued: ‘The judge has given a verdict. It’s not like being in a player’s bar lounge where there’s gossip.
‘For court, you need your facts, you need your evidence and sadly for Rebekah there wasn’t any.’
During the Lorraine interview, Lizzie insisted that she attempted to stop the Wagatha Christie trial from going ahead for the sake of her pal Coleen.
She said: ‘It didn’t have to happen. I don’t think it should have ever got to court and she’s the one that forced it. She wanted her day here and it’s caused so much stress, so much upset.
‘I said countless times to Coleen, I would negotiate. I said sort it out over a prosecco and a bowl of nuts. Don’t go to court. It’s so stressful.
‘If she hadn’t taken it to court, we wouldn’t be talking about it today.’
Rebekah recently told how she would take Coleen for a ‘Caffe Nero’ to discuss what happened should she bump into her in the street.
Drama: During the Lorraine interview, Lizzie insisted that she attempted to stop the Wagatha Christie trial from going ahead for the sake of her pal Coleen
Thoughts: It didn’t have to happen. I don’t think it should have ever got to court and she’s the one that forced it. She wanted her day here and it’s caused so much stress, so much upset’
And giving her opinion on whether Coleen would want to talk things through with her WAG rival, Lizzie said her friend – whom she spoke to after the trial result on Friday – just wants to put the whole debacle behind her.
She added: ‘She’s had a tough time and I think just wants to move on from it.’
Looking to the future, Lizzie said of Rebekah: ‘As a PR person, I would say to Rebekah: reinvent yourself, do something for waterproof phones or waterproof mascara – she cried a lot in court. Don’t go back to this, this is over. Try and move on.’
Rebekah spoke about losing her libel case to Coleen in an extraordinary interview broadcast on TalkTV after being accused of leaking stories about her to the press.
Emotional: Rebekah spoke about losing her libel case to Coleen in an extraordinary interview broadcast on TalkTV after being accused of leaking stories about her to the press
She said that she withdrew from the public gaze due to the stress she felt when being abused both in the street and online, and that she felt the High Court judge, Mrs Justice Steyn, did not understand the libel case
She spoke extensively about the impact that the trial, and the lead-up to it, had on her family.
The mother-of-five was pregnant with her youngest daughter when Mrs Rooney first accused her of leaking stories about to The Sun in her famous ‘Wagatha’ post on social media ending ‘It’s……….Rebekah Vardy’s account’.
Speaking to Kate McCann, Mrs Vardy said she felt as though she ‘didn’t even want to be here anymore’, and isolated herself from the public.
Tough time: She said that she withdrew from the public gaze due to the stress she felt when being abused both in the street and online, and that she felt the High Court judge, Mrs Justice Steyn, did not understand the libel case
Wagatha Christie timeline: How Coleen and Rebekah’s long-running, vicious war unfolded before the eyes of the world
September 2017 to October 2019 – The Sun runs a number of articles about Coleen, including that she travelled to Mexico to look into baby ‘gender selection’ treatment, her plan to revive her TV career and the flooding of her basement.
October 9, 2019 – Coleen uses social media to accuse Rebekah of selling stories from her private Instagram account to the tabloids.
Coleen says she spent five months attempting to work out who was sharing information about her and her family based on posts she had made on her personal social media page.
After sharing a series of ‘false’ stories and using a process of elimination, Coleen claims they were viewed by one Instagram account, belonging to Rebekah.
Rebekah, then pregnant with her fifth child, denies the allegations and says various people had access to her Instagram over the years.
She claims to be ‘so upset’ by Coleen’s accusation, later adding: ‘I thought she was my friend but she completely annihilated me.’
The public dispute makes headlines around the world, with the hashtag #WagathaChristie trending.
February 13, 2020 – In a tearful appearance on ITV’s Loose Women, Rebekah says the stress of the dispute caused her to have severe anxiety attacks and she ‘ended up in hospital three times’. Coleen says in a statement that she does not want to ‘engage in further public debate’.
June 23, 2020 – It emerges that Rebekah has launched libel proceedings against Coleen.
Rebekah’s lawyers allege she ‘suffered extreme distress, hurt, anxiety and embarrassment as a result of the publication of the post and the events which followed’.
November 19-20, 2020 – The libel battle has its first High Court hearing in London. A judge rules that Coleen’s October 2019 post ‘clearly identified’ Rebekah as being ‘guilty of the serious and consistent breach of trust’.
Mr Justice Warby concludes that the ‘natural and ordinary’ meaning of the posts was that Rebekah had ‘regularly and frequently abused her status as a trusted follower of Coleen’s personal Instagram account by secretly informing The Sun of Coleen’s private posts and stories’.
February 8-9, 2022 – A series of explosive messages between Rebekah and her agent Caroline Watt – which Coleen’s lawyers allege were about her – are revealed at a preliminary court hearing.
The court is told Rebekah was not referring to Coleen when she called someone a ‘nasty bitch’ in one exchange with Ms Watt.
Coleen’s lawyers seek further information from the WhatsApp messages, but the court is told that Ms Watt’s phone fell into the North Sea after a boat she was on hit a wave, before further information could be extracted from it.
February 14 – Coleen is refused permission to bring a High Court claim against Ms Watt for misuse of private information to be heard alongside the libel battle. A High Court judge, Mrs Justice Steyn, says the bid was brought too late and previous opportunities to make the claim had not been taken.
April 13 – Ms Watt is not fit to give oral evidence at the upcoming libel trial, the High Court is told as the case returns for another hearing.
The agent revokes permission for her witness statement to be used, and withdraws her waiver which would have allowed Sun journalists to say whether she was a source of the allegedly leaked stories.
April 29 – Rebekah ‘appears to accept’ that her agent was the source of allegedly leaked stories, Coleen’s barrister David Sherborne tells the High Court. He argues that a new witness statement submitted by Rebekah suggests Ms Watt was the source but Rebekah claims she ‘did not authorise or condone her’.
Rebekah’s lawyer Hugh Tomlinson says the statement did not contain ‘any change whatever in the pleaded case’, with her legal team having no communication with Ms Watt.
May 10 onwards – The trial lasts seven days